Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Some miscellaneous OPI swatches

I had these sitting on my computer for a while, finally decided to post them! Sorry the pics are a bit washed out. I thought there was something wrong with my camera lately, but it just turned out my lenses were incredibly dirty XD

OPI Ali's Big Break - 3 coats for the pic, good in 2 IRL. Very pretty, but I need to admit to myself that I rarely ever reach for red, so I probably shouldn't keep this. I like that this is a pinky-red. Very, very pretty.




OPI Not Like the Movies - 3 coats on its own (I think it was 3 coats, anyway). I wasn't interested in this polish originally, but a swap-ortunity arose and I decided to see what the fuss was about myself. Eh, I don't care for it. Then again, I am not really a big fan of duo/multichromes for some reason.





OPI Fly - 3 coats for the pic, but nice in 2 IRL. I loooove this. It's a lot more vibrant in real life. I really dig this colour, but I think I should have done a comparison with Nails Inc Warwick Way. I probably don't need both...



OPI Metallic 4 Life - I can't remember if this is 2 or 3 coats. Sorry there's a moustache in the second pic - I got a dent and didn't realize until I started processing the pictures. I like this polish in theory, but it's one of those polishes that I only like if it's completely smooth. That means lots of topcoat and more chances to ding it up (like I did). Thus, I am still on the fence.




Happy Hump Day!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, but you DO need both Fly and Warwick Way! WW is greener, and less 'summery' somehow. Fly is just gorgeous, I love it too. And I firmly believe you should only get rid of Nails Inc polishes if they look horrible on you :-). So . . . keep 'em both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber DeMordaunt JohnsonAugust 21, 2013 at 7:03:00 PM EDT

    Lovely swatches...reminds me I need to revisit my bottle of Metallic for Life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Fly! I've been on the look out for it since it came out before my polish obsession started :) Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fly is one of my all time fave polishes. I really love it! Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria from BeautyOutLoudAugust 21, 2013 at 8:12:00 PM EDT

    I need to revisit Fly now that I know how to paint my nails better. It's such a flawless color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm actually loving Ali's Big Break. The small flakes in that macro are absolutely gorgeous. If you don't love it, I'd be more than glad to take it off your hands haha! I'm a red girl, but like you, I don't really "get" multichromes. They always look frosty and awkward to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, Ali's Big Break, I should wear that again!

    ReplyDelete