Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

American Apparel: African Violet, Hassid, Mount Royal, and Poppy

Oh man, so much fail. I finally decided to create my blogroll after having put it off for a long time. I added about 15 of my super-favourite blogs, and then, I hit "Back" instead of "Save" and it's all gone -.- LOL. I'll try again next weekend.

Anyway, on to the polish.

I picked these up a few weeks ago when that $10 off coupon was still active. I think I have all the AAs that I want, now! Yay!

American Apparel African Violet - When this group of new polishes came out (along with Army Jacket, Macarthur Park, etc.), I wanted to get this. But, holding it at AA, I said to myself "Man, this looks just like Funky Dunkey, and I rarely wear that" and put it back. Then, I had major regret ever since. So I bought it. (Wow, I should have wiped off the bottle before taking this pic LOL)


Comparison: American Apparel African Violet vs. OPI Funky Dunkey - and it's pretty much a dupe for the OPI, LOL. Well, it is more opaque than the OPI and a tiny bit redder, but otherwise... not a big difference. At least I had a coupon!


American Apparel Hassid - Yes, I bought a black that was not Wet n Wild :( This is quite shiny, but actually not as opaque as WnW. It needs two coats.


American Apparel Mount Royal - I don't know why I didn't get this before! I love it! Kind of blurpley!


American Apparel Poppy - I was blanking out on a fourth polish to get, until I remembered that Steph at Short n Chic had featured it back in March. So I grabbed it! It is a really loud colour, I like!

17 comments:

  1.  My favourites are Poppy and Mount Royal, really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2.  I absolutely love Poppy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I definitely need Poppy!!! :) very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4.  Poppy has been on my wishlist since seeing it on Short n Chic.  And now your photo makes me want it even more! These are all great colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5.  Poppy has been on my wishlist since seeing it on Short n Chic.  And now your photo makes me want it even more! These are all great colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, AV and Poppy are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7.  These colours are amazing! I love how bright they are :D

    ReplyDelete
  8.  Thanks for the shout-out, lady!  Poppy looks truly divine on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9.  Can you please do a tutorial or explain how you put your polish on so perfectly at the beginning of the nail beds? I'd appreciate it so much. Thank you. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. AA has some of the best polish out there.
    And on the blogroll thingy - it might be easier to "follow" the blogs you like (add the non-blogspot ones  in your blogger dashboard).  Then you can use the appropriate gadget in the design section and click the option to display blogs you follow.

    ReplyDelete
  11.  I guess I should try this, huh? I just follow a ton of blogs so I'm worried it'll flood the blogroll with non-nail blogs or ones I don't check as regularily as others. I'll have to try it out! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tracy,

    Try this tutorial: http://polishorperish.blogspot.com/2010/09/how-to-get-that-picture-perfect.html 

    (I posted this link in my recent post in case you don't come back to check comments!) 

    ReplyDelete
  13. :) Thanks for posting about it originally! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's sooo bright! :D I love my AA polishes! 

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. poppy is gorgeous! too bad the owner of AA is a douche. hehehe

    ReplyDelete